Sunday, September 22, 2013

I scooped up Diigo...

Sometimes you really try to do things right and get them done on time and life kicks you in the pants...ya know?
So, after a small mental break down, screaming, a computer virus and complete shut down of my brain and the computer, I figured out Diigo and Scoop it. Might I add that both of them are great sites that I will use from now on. I learned my lesson.
I think I like Diigo more. I believe that it is more user friendly. I liked the set up better. I also like that I can highlight text and put little post-it notes on things that are important. I like that I can follow others on both sites because I feel like that is a HUGE benefit for teachers. When you can put more than one brain together and help fellow teachers it is a win win situation. On Scoop it I felt as though the suggestions that the site was making were not helpful at all. Perhaps I was not specific enough when creating my topics.
Diigo is something that I would suggest to my students. Ten of my students are seniors and i feel as though that would be something that they could use as they start to look at colleges to compare and contrast important things about each one.
I do like the "bigger pictures" on Scoop it but felt that having Diigo at the top of my toolbar was super beneficial, especially because it travels from computer to computer. On Scoop it, I like that people that can leave comments about things that I post. I always like to hear opinions of other teachers and other users of these sites.
Again, I have learned my lesson this week and will use these in the future. Ahhh, I think I might take a breather.
Alissa

1 comment:

  1. Either of these bookmarking sites can be useful to all your students when doing projects, particularly group projects since they can check each other's research.

    ReplyDelete