Friday, November 22, 2013

Podcasts!


Hey everyone,


Spanish Podcast
Hey Everyone,
Believe it or not I have heard of podcasts a million times but have never even looked them up to see what they are. So, here I am in my last Mod for this awesome grad class and I find myself FINALLY learning to use one and found one that I added above.
Unfortunately I would have loved to use this in my Health and Welfare unit in my level three Spanish class, but that's okay. I can use it next year! This podcast is awesome because it has conversations between a doctor and a patient. I would have my students listen to this podcast and write down as many vocabulary words as possible. Then we would talk about the words that they heard and the "problemas" that each person had.
Lucky for us, there are a ton of cognates between the Spanish and English languages and we can find a lot of them in the health unit. I think this would be a great way for them to practice their listening comprehension skills and also to hear what a real conversation would sound like in Spanish!
I can't wait to use these in the classroom and find others to go along with each one of our units. It has definitely opened a new door for my classroom.
Hasta luego,
Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment